Saturday 25 August 2012

ABC's of me

I'm so near the end now, and having taken a long break, that I feel a renewed motivation to complete the ABC's list.

Original Source







It's Saturday and the letter is V. 
I'm a Vegetarian which means I eat a lot of Vegetables. Well, I should but I much prefer fruit. When I'm peckish I'd much rather have a tub or grapes or berries than veggies. Eating fruit is like eating sweets except you can eat loads and not get a guilty complex that follows you for the rest of the day.

So I guess you can tell I'm not a huge Vegetable lover, but the Vegetable I can't stand is luckily one I'm not often faced with. The dreaded Brussels sprout. Staple of the Christmas table and my Grandads favourite vegetable, I won't have them anywhere near my plate. Haunting memories of Christmases past where a minimum of 6 had to choked down before we were allowed to leave the table. 'How do you know you don't like them if you never try them?' Once every 5 to 10 years is often enough for me. And that grey, green colour is hardly appetising.

Thankfully, in recent years my mother has decided they're best cooked with lardons and I am not complaining. It's perfect! Freed from the Brussels sprout until my housemate makes bubble and squeak and fills the house with that... pungent smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment