Friday 3 February 2012

Undue Nostalgia

I'm still a first year but already I'm feeling nostalgic, looking back and thinking about our freshers week and semester 1.

Second and final years (and post-grads) keep saying that "you won't ever come to X after this year" or "this is the last time you'll enjoy doing Y" and its a sad thought. That after this year, some of the things that I really enjoy doing, like open mic night, or going to the union for breakfast, or even silly, annoying things like queueing for tickets, we won't do anymore. They are all things that help define this still new experience of university for me.

But then I guess that next year, there will be more wonderful, defining things like paying bills and getting a tv licence to contend with. Oh the joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment