Friday 24 February 2012

Don't stop reading

As a child I read everything. I was indiscriminate. I was a sponge. I read and read and nothing could stop me, not even my parents coming into my bedroom, telling me off and turning out the light. No problem. I'd just wait for them to go downstairs, creep across my room and turn it back on. Sorted.

There are so many things I've learnt from reading. About different cultures and countries, different age groups, different classes of society. I've read about people, places, rituals, acts, objects, techniques, emotions, accidents. You don't think about it at the time but there comes a day when the knowledge you picked up from an old, dusty book and filed away in the back of your mind is needed and you can use it to its full advantage.

Keep reading kids

No comments:

Post a Comment