Monday 30 January 2012

LOTR Virgin No More

That's right. For the first time I watched the whole of the Fellowship and all of the Two Towers (bar 5 minutes where I power napped). Plans for viewing the final film will be set in motion tomorrow.





http://www.picgifs.com/wallpapers/lord-of-the-rings/
I'm reading the books at the moment and it seems such a funny thing to get into, this late in life. They're the kind of books that children read in secondary school, before the age of 14, certainly not now. And the same goes for the films. My cohort have all grown up with Tolkien. His stories have been a part of their lives for many years now and, despite being a late starter, I can see what all the hype is about.

They are wonderful stories which capture the imagination. There is enough storyline to interest females and battles enough to satisfy the male appetite. And then there is the wonder. The stories are filled with places one can only dream of going, with people you'd give an arm to meet and you can so easily get lost in the fantasy. I'll admit, I was missing out having not had seen them until now.

Tuesdays screening is of Short Circuit, I do not have high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment